Forum

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumCategories: Assembly & setupCAD Files?
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

CAD Files?

I have built the MK3 and have the electronics and an initial build operating.  Nice design!  In adjusting things, it is getting cumbersome to keep taking the mount (5 screws) and the turntable (5 screws) off in order to get at the screws attaching the side-skirts (4 screws) so that I can separate top and bottom to get inside.  I would like to modify the side and the side-skirt stls such that the four screws joining them are accessed and assembled from the outside.  Is there a way to get a CAD file so that I can edit these in Fusion 360?  (I'm not have much luck making a mesh to solid conversion.)

P.S. To illustrate the above description, I'm uploading an image.  It is a partial print of a side-skirt, with the plastic simply drilled to accept the screw from the outside.  I would like to modify the stl files so that this is cleaner and so that going forward, the drilling etc. isn't necessary.  This partial side-skirt is handy for keeping the top and bottom assemblies fastened together while providing internal visibility for trouble shooting.

Uploaded files:
  • side-skirt-mod.jpg

I am also interested in making some ease of assembly/disassembly changes - adding in space for heated inserts so some screws don't have to thread directly into the plastic.  I'd be happy to re-share them once edited to the community.